Accidents and Incidents Investigation and Risks Analysis Office
Accidents and Incidents Investigation and Risks Analysis Office performs the following duties:
- The development of regulations within the scope of its competences;
- The organization of the initial examination of the site of aircraft accident and serious incident;
- The organization of aircraft accident and serious incident investigation, in accordance with the Annex 13 to the Chicago Convention and the regulations of the Republic of Serbia;
- The notification of the competent bodies of interested foreign states and the International Civil Aviation Organization on an aircraft accident or serious incident;
- The cooperation with the bodies of interested foreign states;
- The disclosure of information on an aircraft accident or serious incident;
- The cooperation with the judicial authorities;
- The communication of preliminary and final reports on aircraft accident investigation;
- The proposing of official communications on an accident, incident and other occurrences;
- The receipt, processing and analysis of occurrence reports, occurrence evaluation, the provision of assistance to other bodies in the course of occurrence investigation and safety analysis;
- The monitoring and analysis of the causes of accidents, incidents and other occurrences and the recommendation of preventive actions;
- Accidents, incidents and other occurrences database management;
- The development of periodical reports on accidents, incidents and other occurrences;
- Collection, storage, protection, exchange and analysis of safety information;
Civil Aviation Accident Investigation Commission
The Commission established by the Director of the Directorate conducts the investigations of accidents and serious incidents in civil aviation. The Commission comprises aviation experts from the list of aircraft accidents and serious incidents investigation experts and is separately established for every accident or serious incident.
The Commission has the obligation to investigate all the facts and circumstances that led to an accident or serious incident and to propose measures for their prevention.
The accidents and incidents investigation and analysis does not have for its purpose apportion of criminal, administrative, tortious, disciplinary, civil or any other liability for the accident and serious incident.
The Commission is independent in its work.
The Commission investigates all civil aviation accidents and serious incidents which occurred in the territory of the Republic of Serbia, in accordance with the Air Transport Law, the Regulation on accidents investigation and the provisions of Annex 13 of the Chicago Convention.